I bought some ground cardamom yesterday and it has been filling my kitchen with it’s fabulous aroma ever since I got it home. I had to make something with it this morning, so I give you–Lemon Cardamom Scones.
These turned out so delicious. Crunchy on the outside and dark and a little moist on the inside. Next time I might try adding eggs, to make them more protein-rich.
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup finely chopped prunes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in food processor or by hand.
- Make triangle shapes and place on greased, parchment, or silicone covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.